Mainland/HK Markets Closed, Trade Talks
Key Overnight News
- President Xi sent a message to President Trump via his trade envoy Vice Premier Liu He. President Trump had positive comments on “an epic deal” getting done.
- March Trade data will be released at the end of next week.
Shanghai & Shenzhen Stock Exchanges were closed for Tombs Sweeping with Hong Kong closed for Ching Ming Festival.
Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng met with Exxon Mobile CEO Darren Woods about the global energy giant opening a “wholly foreign-owned petrochemical projects” in China.
China Construction Bank and Tencent entered an agreement for the former to utilize the latter’s technologies. Tencent’s latest quarter highlighted the growth of cloud computing and data.
The Shanghai Stock Exchange’s new Science & Technology board announced 37 new IPOs registered.
- CNY 6.71
- Yield on 1 Day Chinese Gov’t Bond 1.19%
- Yield on 10 Year Chinese Gov’t Bond 3.27%
- Yield on 10 Year China Development Bank Bond 3.75%
Commodities were mixed/higher on the Shanghai & Dalian Exchanges w/Dr. Copper off +0.51%